Absolutely. Just send me an email using the form below and we can make arrangements.
Yes! Just email me and I’ll make arrangements to get you a signed copy.
Use the contact form below.
ABSOLUTELY! I’ll even mentor and coach you for no charge! (contact me below)
But…. (there’s always a but) if you are charging for this class, then you have to pay for the books (good news, you get a discount from me, they are all signed books, AND they all come with sweet Shakespeare tattoos for each kid!). Also, if you are charging the audience to see your production, then there will be a performance license or royalty associated with each performance.
If you are NOT charging to run this class (i.e. you’re a teacher at a school; you’re a homeschool parent running a drama course, etc.) Then you don’t have to worry about buying books. But, I do ask that you pay a nominal photocopy fee if you can. (if not, contact me, I work with all teachers in many different situations!)
Learn about licensing costs here.
Please contact me using the form below for details and group discounts on books. Or email me directly at Brendan at PlayingWithPlays.com
I always tell teachers, “I only paint half the canvas, I expect the kids to be creative and paint the other half!”
Yes, it is VERY important that you have fun with the scripts. I have seen kids do Star Wars music every time Lady Macbeth appeared on stage and even dance to Thriller in a production of Romeo & Juliet! Just the other day, a lady from the Philippines wrote music to be sung in Midsummer – AWESOME!
Just do me a favor, let me know! I love to share ideas with other teachers and sometimes I even modify my plays to include your ideas!
Just drop me a note in the contact box below.
First of all, the plays are copyright protected. With that being said, I am ok with a school or educational group photocopying they plays, if they are in an educational setting AND not charging the kids to be part of the production. There is a small, nominal fee associated with the photocopying, so it can work within school budgets. (and if the school has no budget, well, contact me anyway, there is always a solution we can workout!) HOWEVER, if you are charging the kids to be part of this group, then, no, you CAN NOT photocopy the plays. You will need to purchase one book per kid. The good news is that you can buy a larger quantity directly from me at a discount (and they will be signed, and come with some sweet Shakespeare tattoos, too!)
Just contact me using the form below, or email: Brendan at PlayingWithPlays.com
Yes! However, I have a very tight schedule (this is my very late at night job, the day job pays the mortgage!) So contact me and we can see what we can work out.
Fill out the contact form below and I will get back with you.
The answer is yes and no, depending…I work with MANY teachers and, unfortunately, they don’t get paid well enough, nor are most given budgets for the arts. A teacher once told me: “Pay a royalty?!?! Are you kidding me! I’m lucky enough to buy one copy of this book, with my own money!” So, if you are in education, then you are eligible for our educator’s rate! (simply reach out to us so we can arrange an invoice for you: contact@PlayingWithPlays.com )
- Any photocopies/digital are $2/copy (assuming you are not charging the kids to be part of the group or class)
- For physical scripts, they are $8/book, or $7.25/book if ordering over 30 (mix and match is ok) Please note, it takes about 2-3 weeks for the books to arrive.
- As for performance rights, if you are charging the audience, in a competition, or accepting donations, then it is $45/show. IF NOT, then you are eligible for the ‘Pay what you can’ rate. (this is for online or in-person) Typically I charge $45/show, if you can pay that, great! If you can only afford $0, fantastic! Or, somewhere in-between is wonderful as well! (I understand how budgets can be!)
However, if you do:
- Charge your kids for the books or the class – then you DO have to pay for each book (digital or paperback). (I can get you a group discount, contact me directly)
- Charge for the performances – then you DO have to pay a royalty per performance ($45 for each performance or /$90 for a multi-performance play – 3 or more plays in one show)
But, with that said, I am an author and I’m trying to do more and more of these plays, so if you can pull it off, I would appreciate the royalty!
Yes and No… depends on who you are. If you are performing my plays and NOT charging any money for people to see it, then it’s a “pay what you can” model. MANY schools can’t afford anything, and that’s OK. But, if you can afford $5 or $10 or the entire $45, that’s great too! (This is how I make my living!)
HOWEVER, if you are charging the audience to see it, then YES, there is a licensing fee. Also, if this is being performed for a competition, festival, or as a donation event, then YES, the licensing fees do apply.
The costs for one play are:
- $45 per performance
- $40 per performance (for 3 or more performances)
- $35 per performance (for 6 or more performances)
If you are doing multiple plays in one performance (i.e. Hamlet, Macbeth, and Midsummer all for 1 ticket price), then the costs are:
- $90 per performance
- $85 per performance (for 3 or more performances)
- $75 per performance (for 6 or more performances)
Please contact me directly for details using the form below. And if you have ANY questions, I’m always listening!
If you do fall under, “there is no royalty” then that’s great! If you can still let me know, I would appreciate it, I love to share when groups perform my plays.
When you purchase a performance license, it allows you to legally perform the play in front of an audience.
This can be a live audience, or a live streaming online. You are also allowed to record and share this as well as post it to a video service like YouTube or Vimeo.