The answer is yes and no, depending…I work with MANY teachers and, unfortunately, they don’t get paid well enough, nor are most given budgets for the arts. A teacher once told me: “Pay a royalty?!?! Are you kidding me! I’m lucky enough to buy one copy of this book, with my own money!” So, if you are in education, then you are eligible for our educator’s rate! (simply reach out to us so we can arrange an invoice for you: contact@PlayingWithPlays.com )
- Any photocopies/digital are $2/copy (assuming you are not charging the kids to be part of the group or class)
- For physical scripts, they are $8/book, or $7.25/book if ordering over 30 (mix and match is ok) Please note, it takes about 2-3 weeks for the books to arrive.
- As for performance rights, if you are charging the audience, in a competition, or accepting donations, then it is $45/show. IF NOT, then you are eligible for the ‘Pay what you can’ rate. (this is for online or in-person) Typically I charge $45/show, if you can pay that, great! If you can only afford $0, fantastic! Or, somewhere in-between is wonderful as well! (I understand how budgets can be!)
However, if you do:
- Charge your kids for the books or the class – then you DO have to pay for each book (digital or paperback). (I can get you a group discount, contact me directly)
- Charge for the performances – then you DO have to pay a royalty per performance ($45 for each performance or /$90 for a multi-performance play – 3 or more plays in one show)
But, with that said, I am an author and I’m trying to do more and more of these plays, so if you can pull it off, I would appreciate the royalty!